Diligent Candy has decided I need to reveal all by tagging me.
20 years ago I . . .
1. Talked too much, and like they say, some things never change.
2. Wore mittens in the summer, and threw them off in the winter.
3. Loved to listen to my mother reading me A thousand and one nights out loud and cutting out all the juicy parts.
10 years ago I . . .
1. was a teenager
2. was a hippy
3. was a chicken-eating vegetarian. I like to call it a desitarian. One just cannot give up chicken if one is Pakistani, believe me, I tried.
5 years ago I . . .
1. Got my first poem published
2. Was hungry and looking for a place that was open late at night in Lahore, Pakistan, only to end up in the Red Light District… not the meal I was expecting.
3. Visited Ireland and a breathtakingly beautiful place where one of the scenes in Braveheart was shot.
3 years ago I . . .
1. Went up a hill in Petra, Jordan on a donkey
2. Roamed the streets of Cairo looking for ice cream yet ending up in a perfume sellers shop where he tried to lure me to Fayyoum to “smell his flowers.”
3. Left Damascus with 144 kg of luggage and an equally heavy heart.
1 year ago I . . .
1. Got a job offer I couldn’t refuse
2. I first saw the Mona Lisa (La Giaconda) and thought, “Oh, is that it?”
3. Hosted Scandinavia’s biggest Eid Festival.
So far this year I . . .
1. found a “treyer”
2. that brought me “pleyer”
3. beyond any “meyer”(lol)
Yesterday I . . .
1. dreamt I was in Australia looking for lassi (the yoghurt drink, not dog)
2. forgot to have dinner
3. realised how ungrateful I am. To have my loved ones alive with me in good health, is a blessing and what more could one ask for.
Today . . .
Tomorrow. . .
In the next year I will . . .
1. look back and smile at this year
2. get more than I asked for
3. still be blogging. See you then!
Four people I am tagging: Buj, D rebel , CG and Kaya