March 08, 2006

Baraka

On the occasion of the International Women's Day, I felt it appropriate to present a beautiful movie showing the blessings of this world. A movie with no script, no actors and no plot. Shot by Ron Frick and Mark Magidson on a journey through six continents and 24 countries, Baraka to me captures the essence of life, its birth and destruction. The soundtrack also deserves an honorable mention.

Some of the shots are breathtaking and really inspire the traveler in you to go on a journey exploring this world that we so cherish and destroy. With scenes of destruction from post-war Kuwait to scenes of prayer and worship at Temples, Mosques and in nature all across the globe, you're taken to places you perhaps would never visit, for one reason or the other.

A highly spiritual journey that will undoubtedly strike a cord somewhere in your heart.



12 comments:

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

This one's available on DVD at Amazon :)

Destitute Rebel said...

Note to self, must watch - thanks for the recommendation. I'll try to find it in dubai - otherwise long live kazaa.

BuJ said...

happy women's day.. and a very interestin way to mark it :)

Baraka said...

I love this movie!

I own it & watch it a couple of times a year just to reignite that wonder about the world & the people in it.

Everyone I've shown it to becomes enraptured...thank for highlighting it & a (belated) happy IWD!

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Welcome Baraka :) I am glad to see another fan! Enraptured is the word indeed, I do hope more people see it, it is well worth the 1 hour and 36 minutes.
Happy IWD to you too...besides it is never belated...every day is our day :)

flamin said...

i love the shots u posted and this one's another one to watch out for, apart from the ghazali movie. niiiice!

BuJ said...

so it's us against them?

"you're with us or against us" ????

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Buj, are you sure you got the right blog? lol
Anyways you should be happy now, after all I declared April 23rd International Mustache Day. Ya3ni sho biddak aktar min heik?

MD: Glad you liked them :)

Anonymous said...

I'm back, sister Shaykha,

Had a busy week.

If anyone in the UAE has this movie, please let me know. Maybe we could watch it together over a few cups of coffee.

Thanks for the recommendation, Shaykha,

farrukh

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Salams and welcome back farrukh. kheriyat?

I believe D. Rebel has gotten hold of it, I am sure he wouldn't mind lending it :)

Happy to recommend! lol

Destitute Rebel said...

Hi Shaira, Yup I got the video, In fact just got done watching it. its really good. I dont know if its come out on IMax but I would be amazing to watch it in an IMax theatre.

I'll try to get it to Farrukh.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Yeah it sure would. Hope you get a hold of our busy copywriter friend. :)