May 07, 2006

Chocolate Lovers

If in Paris (or even Japan), don't miss out on Pierre Hermé and Christian Constant. Both have taken chocolate and pastries to another level with ingredients like ginger, frangipani, verbena and isphahan.

Apparently Pierre Hermé started in Japan, and now he can only be found there and in Paris. It would explain why I saw a bus load of Japanese tourists queuing outside Hermé's just after I had done my shopping there.

In the guide book First Class, Christian Constant has been rated the best chocolatier in Paris, with Pierre Hermé at number 6. If you want chocolate alone I would recommend CC, a man that travels the world in search of new exciting flavors to incorporate into his chocolate making, however if you are into pastries, PH is your man.

5 comments:

Baraka said...

Salaam,

OMGoodness this looks amazing. I am such a chocoholic.

I'm trying to be good this week but now after seeing these photos I must go & eat some! :)

Warmly,
Baraka

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

salams girl!

I knew I would be tempting a hord of hungry women with this post but what the heck? Chocolate is made to be eaten, right? :)

hope you are well inshallah :)

enjoy!

BuJ said...

oh my Allah!

biddi biddi biddi!!!
i want them ALL

i would do anything to taste one of those chocs.. i wonder what they taste like..
can u send us a box SS?

Destitute Rebel said...

yum yum chocolate, so you did chocolate shopping where's my share ?

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Buj, one cannot have everything in life. lol

Well who knows, maybe someday you will get a box sent to you.

D rebel, you will just have to realise (like Buj) when it comes to women and chocolate there is no sharing!