May 10, 2006

La7me- The bird flu song

In Paris at the seminar I attended, my crazy Jordanian friend had a song playing on her mp3. Apparently a Palestinian or Jordanian Swede, living in the southern parts of Sweden recorded this song as a reaction to the chicken hysteria surrounding the bird flu. La7me (lahme), meaning meat in Arabic is the name of this absolutely mad song:

Ana ba7ib el la7me kteer*
whether it's there or here
for the la7me I drive an hour
because la7me gives me power

Chilling eating shish kebab
I even eat it at my job
People say "you want some lunch?"
only if it's chicken you a** munch

Put the chicken in my mouth
Put it always in the south
You don't know what you're doing
I love the chicken brewing.

When I have no la7me I feel like I'm gonna die
if you give me la7me I feel like I can fly
La7me is the best creation in ze universe
if the la7me not existing I will just curse

La7me la7me la7me la7me
Ana bah7ib el la7me kteer, ana ba7ib el la7me

* ana ba7ib el la7me kteer= I love meat a lot

Download song here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA.That was hilarious.I love weird songs like that.I'm so happy there is one in arabic!:D

Seabrook Crisps said...

hilarious ! ditto!

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

hala dandoom! welcome. First time you're here, no? :)Well gems like these must be shared.

Glad you liked it britpak. How's dubai treating ya?

Anonymous said...

that was crazy yaar! lolz

Anonymous said...

Hi!It's my first time COMMENTING on your blog. I read a few times before tho.=)

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Well ahlan wa sahlan anyway :)

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

zee, what's with the absence? And when are you starting your OWN blog? stop "eating" off of mine all the time! lol

BuJ said...

AMAZING SONG.. i heard it b4.. but this is just amazing... hehehe..
la7me la7me.. tish tish.. la7me la7me.. boom boom!

is that your face SS?
facelift eh? kinda heavy.. made of stone.

Destitute Rebel said...

lahme lahme - Lolz

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

glad y'all enjoyed it! It's hard not to...especially the lahme lahme part, ey D rebel? lol

Yes buj.
I am a stone wall with a round face.
To reveal the truth, your hand you must place,
in the open mouth with the open space,
I am "the mouth of truth", not the mouth of grace.

Khalas...bedtime for me. Ma biseer!

BuJ said...

so ur saying u have a big mouth and because it's a "stone wall with a round face" then your mouth stays permenantly open?

hehe.. i like this!

why not post a separate post on this? would surely be intereting. I like the poem :)

Anonymous said...

agree with every word the song says! :)

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

boo you are scaring me... lol

Buj, you heard me! And if you come close, I bite!

ya3ni... lol

Well after all I am a "poet wannabe" so I have to write poetry of that calibre, no? lol

BuJ said...

who said you're a poet wannabe?
the net does not discriminate between idiots.

Moey said...

I want it can't find it :( could u email it

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »